Dispute Resolution

Dispute Resolution

Goldfields Money staff strive to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service.

Let's talk about it.

The simplest way of solving a problem is to talk to someone about it. If you are unhappy about something to do with a product or service, we'd like to hear about it.

Our staff are trained to efficiently and courteously deal with all types of problems, so don't hesitate to speak to us if something is troubling you. We want to know about anything that affects your relationship with us.

Who do you complain to?

The first place you should take any complaint is to a member of our staff so they can help to resolve the problem with you immediately. If our staff is unable to assist, you are encouraged to speak to a supervisor or manager. Our supervisor or manager will endeavour to resolve the matter by the next business day.

Should a resolution not be reached, you will be asked to complete and submit a formal Complaint Referral Form. Our Branch staff can assist you with completing this form. If you prefer, you can write a letter directly to the Complaints Officer at the address below. Please also include any supporting documentation with your letter to help clarify your point of view.

If the complaint has been resolved, the Complaints Officer will contact you in writing. If the issue requires further investigation, the Complaints Officer will telephone and advise you of this.

How long will it take?

Frequently, complaints are simple cases of confusion or misunderstanding, which can quickly be resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.

Unfortunately, not all complaints can be dealt with quickly. Once the Complaints Officer has received your complaint, it will be forwarded to the relevant manager who will contact you within 2 working days to advise the outcome or discuss progress. Every effort will be made to resolve your query immediately and the manager will inform you of the estimated time required to investigate your complaint. Our aim is to have your complaint resolved within 14 days, however, more complex cases may require up to 45 days to resolve. You will be contacted in writing, to advise if this is the case.

How will you notify me of the outcome?

We will call you or write to you notifying you of the outcome. If the outcome is not in your favour, we will write to you advising:

  1. the reasons for the decision
  2. the evidence we relied on in reaching our decision
  3. the consequences of the decision for you
  4. what further action you can take


What further options do you have?

Goldfields Money is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Services (FOS).

  1. FOS provides an external and impartial procedure for resolving disputes between financial institutions and their customers.
  2. FOS is free of charge to customers.
  3. If you are not satisfied with the final outcome of your complaint, you may tell us to pursue the matter further with FOS.
  4. With your written consent, we will then refer the matter as well as copies of all documents and correspondence concerning the complaint, to FOS.
  5. If we fail to do this or if we fail to resolve your complaint within 45 days, you may refer the matter to FOS yourself.
  6. You can contact FOS on 1300 780 808.


The address to post a complaint is:

The Complaints Officer
Goldfields Money Limited
120 Egan Street
Kalgoorlie W.A 6430